I hope everyone had a great New Year’s Eve, and you’re getting a great start in 2013!
2012 was a year of ups and downs, like any year. But towards the end, exciting things started to happen! I went ahead and opened my Etsy shop, and got several orders, more than I thought I would. I also have a wonderful network of Scottie sisters, friends and family that are helping spread the word about my shop and blog. Thank you all so much, I wouldn’t be anywhere near where I am today without you!
That being said, I’ve been thinking about my goals for 2013. I’m not going to call them resolutions, (I’ve been learning things from some wonderful creative bloggers: Jess Lively, Amanda Genther, Katelyn Brooke and Whitney English) I’m going to call them intentions. Because for me, they not only encompass what I want to accomplish for The Silver Spool, but what I personally want to accomplish in the coming year.
So here we go:
- Be more intentional, in everything that I do or say. Everything has a purpose, and I need to remind myself of that daily. I’m inspiring others, raising boys, and setting the tone for my home.
- Blog a minimum of twice a week. It’s easy to get bogged down in the every day chores and tasks, and forget to write about the big things going on on here! And writing on the blog means I’m creating, and creating makes me happy as well as keeps me focused.
- Launch at least 3 original patterns for sale. (I’ve got one almost finished, I need to finish the aesthetic parts of the pattern and need to write up the other two as well as finish the quilts!)
- Tweak my brand and website to reflect the audience I have. This will enable me to keep some continuity between the patterns and my website.
- Celebrate (really celebrate!) the launches and successes, even the small ones!
- Exercise in some form at least twice a week!
- Change up my routines a little: I’m starting a 15 minute a day cleaning schedule, instead of my usual half the day Fridays I clean the house.
- De-clutter! 400 items gone from my home in 40 days, or before our garage sale. This is going to include my studio!
What are your intentions for 2013? Dream bigger? Reach higher? Challenge yourself! And write them down and share! I’m off to frost a birthday cake for my husband’s wonderful Grandmother, today is her birthday. Enjoy today, I can’t wait to see what we all cook up in 2013!